Get Big Money Out of Politics! * Wisconsin's Democracy is Not For Sale! *

* Wisconsin Native * True Progressive *

* Middle Class * Experienced Leader *

Adam Dahl is running for the Wisconsin State Assembly as an Independent in the 47th district.

Adam is a progressive humanitarian. He himself had experienced economic hardship and wanted to go into public service to improve the lives of all people. Adam Dahl was born in Janesville, Wisconsin and has spent most of the last 17 years living in Madison. In 2014 he moved to the town of Dunn.

Growing up as a child his family didn’t have a lot of money but his parents and grandparents taught him the value of hard work. Adam’s father went to high school with Russ Feingold and Adam’s mother taught him the golden rule; to “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Adam still takes this philosophy with him each day, believing strongly that one treats others with kindness and respect no matter what disagreements may exist.

As a youth, Adam excelled in school and was often at the top of his class. However, when he was sixteen, Adam’s mother was run over by a car and died. He couldn’t afford to go to college; so he worked a number of different jobs in restaurants, retail stores, and factories to pay the bills and put food on the table. He knows personally the fear of working paycheck to paycheck and the labor of having to work several low paying jobs just to make ends meet.

Adam was eventually able to take out student loans to attend Madison Area Technical College from which he graduated with a diploma in Information Technology while making the honor role. He took a job with IBM, and later worked as an IT consultant for the State of Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. At both of these jobs, Adam was consistently recognized by his peers as a valuable employee, and he also volunteered for the charitable employee campaigns that raised money for people in need.

As a young adult, Adam often didn’t have health insurance because it was too expensive and as he got older he became more passionate and vocal about income inequality and the issues in society that he felt to be unfair or inhumane. As a result, he started to volunteer and work for political campaigns when he began to realize that over time one voice can make a difference.

Because he believes that all people’s lives are valuable, Adam has always thought that in a civilized society healthcare should be available to anyone who is sick or injured regardless of income. Additionally, he was very outspoken about sending peoples’ sons and daughters off to unjust wars, so he joined the protests on the streets in Madison against the war and invasion of Iraq. In 2011, Adam was also very active in protesting Act 10 marching around the capitol with the thousands of Union workers and he also signed the recall-Scott Walker petition.

Some of the campaigns that Adam has volunteered or worked for included Howard Dean for America, Obama for America, and progressive organizations that educate people on issues and register them to vote. Adam has also delivered Meals on Wheels to individuals in need, including the elderly and people with disabilities.

In the last year and-a-half because of the Sanders campaign’s commitment to fighting against the injustices of income inequality and fighting for social justice in our society Adam has volunteered tirelessly for Bernie Sanders in many capacities; doing anything from organizing phone banks, canvassing, running car pools, sponsoring debate watch parties, arranging bus trips, answering campaign emails, organizing rallies, working with the press team, driving in Bernie’s motorcade, and anything and everything in between. In July 2015 he also founded www.Meetup.com/WisconsinforBernie, which currently has 440 members and is still growing.

Because of Adam’s hard work and dedication to the issues that Bernie Sanders believes in, he was one of the people who were instrumental in delivering a win for Bernie in Wisconsin with 56.6 percent of the state-wide vote and 62.6 percent in Dane County. Adam never got paid for this but rather contributed money to Bernie’s campaign. He did it because he believes in the cause of fighting for those who are burdened by student debt, don’t have healthcare, can’t find decent paying jobs and are suffering from a rigged economic system that directs new income to the top 1 percent of earners, leaving the rest of the 99 percent behind, often struggling to get by.

Adam believes that if he earns your vote and a seat in the Assembly, together we will be able to make a positive impact on the lives of those living in the 47th district and all Wisconsinites.

Showing 2 reactions

  • published this page 2016-09-08 15:56:29 -0500
  • published this page 2016-09-08 15:38:35 -0500
Volunteer Donate